FIPA was set up in October 2006 as a not for profit organisation to promote the performing arts of the Indian Subcontinent through contemporary productions, heritage, workshops and multimedia projects. FIPA encourages and supports practitioners to draw upon the rich cultures of India to create work in classical, traditional and contemporary sectors.
FIPA facilitates and assists the development of projects in
- original and cross-cultural South Asian productions
- educational and training workshops
- national and international collaborations with partners
- academic and practical research
- documentation and video for its archives and online resource
FIPA is constantly invited to produce, choreograph, perform and workshop traditional, folk, contemporary/classical, Bollywood and street arts productions, reflecting our ability to be versatile in a wide range of styles.
Akeman Business Park
81-82 Akeman Street